Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Mt Vic Nat Champs

Ok, I thought it was about time I updated my site.
I had a great day at Mt Vic where I won, making me national XC U19 Champ so pretty cool tittle to have.

The race plan itself i'd been thinking about after finding out it was going to be a 4 lap race instead of 3laps. This would change my tactics as I now knew that every body would run out of fuel with an extra 26min lap.

Sure enough it happened, Ash drove hard at the front and everybody seemed to panic.
I however knew if these boys can maintain this pace i was going to get smoked. But come 2nd lap I just held the same pace as the first lap and everybody seemed to be slowing down. Anyway i just drove tempo all the way to the finish and i was suprised when i found out i was going 15secs faster every lap and i achieved the fastest last lap out of everybody.







No comments: